Since my years as an undergraduate student I have communicated my research findings to a professional audience in national and international conferences. See below for details:
- Science Spotlight-public lecture series. Phytoplankton and Climate Change. April 7, 2016.
- Institute of New Dimensions. Ocean microbes: Gauges of climate change. January 14, 2016. Paramus, NJ, USA.
- College club of Ridgewood. “What is to be a Microbial Oceanographer?” Broadening science literacy among the community. November 10, 2015. Ridgewood, NY, USA.
- Sustainable Ocean Development Symposium – A Perspective from Former, Current and Future Kiel Marine Scientists. MIcrobial diversity within the Trichodesmium consortia. September 28-30, 2015. Columbia University. New York, NY, USA.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Biology Departmental Seminar Series (2012) “Investigating the role of phosphorus availability on Trichodesmium N2 fixation and the factors determining niche differentiation in the western north Atlantic Ocean.” Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Woods Hole, MA, USA.
- Rouco M, Haley S, Dyhrman S. Investigating the microbial diversity within the Trichodesmium consortia and the processes governing microbial assembly. 2016 Gordon Research Conference. Marine Microbes. Girona. June 19-24, 2016.
- Alexander H, Haley S, Rouco M, Dyhrman ST. Eukaryotic metatranscriptome profiling identifies the unique responses of phytoplankton functional groups to deep water upwelling at Station Aloha. Aquatic Sciences Meeting. Granada. February 21-27, 2015.
- Rouco M, Haley S, Dyhrman S. Microbial diversity within the Trichodesmium consortia. Aquatic Sciences Meeting.Granada. February 21-27, 2015.
- Rouco M, Olson E, McGillicuddy D, Waterbury J, Dyhrman ST. Trichodesmium clade distributions in the North Atlantic Ocean. Ocean Science Meeting. 2014. Honolulu, HI. February 23-28, 2014.
- Balmonte JP, Foster SQ, Rouco M, James A, Bramucci A. See more seas with C_MORE: Merits or the 2013 Summer Course. Ocean Science Meeting. 2014. Honolulu, HI. February 23-28, 2014.
- Rouco M, Heithoff A, McGillicuddy D, Davis C, Waterbury J, Olson E, Joy-Warren H, Dyhrman ST. Nitrogen fixation and alkaline phosphatase activities in Trichodesmium sp. populations along a cruise transect in the subtropical North Atlantic Ocean. ASLO 2013. Aquatic Sciences Meeting. New Orleans, LA. February 18-22, 2013.
- Rouco M, Branson O. Lebrato M, Iglesias-Rodríguez MD. Investigating the combined effects of ocean acidification and nutrient limitation on the physiology of the coccolithophore Emiliania huxleyi. Ocean Science Meeting. Salt Lake City, UT. February 20th- 24th, 2012.
- Rouco M, Branson O, Lebrato M, Iglesias-Rodríguez MD. Response of alkaline phosphatase and nitrate reductase activity under different partial pressures of CO2 and Nitrate: Phosphate ratios in the coccolithophore Emiliania huxleyi. Joint EPOCA, BIOACID and UKOARP meeting. Bremerhaven, Germany. September 27- October 1, 2010.
- Rouco M, Branson O, Lebrato M, Iglesias-Rodríguez MD. The combined effects of nutrient limitation and CO2 variation on Emiliania huxleyi growth and calcification Joint EPOCA, BIOACID and UKOARP meeting. Bremerhaven, Germany. September 27- October 1, 2010.
- Rouco M, Branson O, Lebrato M, Iglesias-Rodríguez MD. Coccolitophore response to rising atmospheric partial pressure of CO2 at different N:P ratios. 14th Biennial Challenger Conference for Marine Science. National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, UK. September 6-9, 2010.
- Rouco M, Rodríguez H, Flores A, Salgado EM, López-Rodas V. Contribution of adaptation, chance and history to Microcystis aeruginosa fitness and toxicity evolution. I Iberian conference on cyanotoxins. Porto, Portugal. July 6-7, 2009.
- Rouco M, Marvá F, Salgado E, López- Rodas V. Genetic Procedures to achieve specificity in microalgal biosensors for water analysis. II Symposium FUTURSEN. University of Alcalá. Madrid, Spain. February 8, 2008.
- Rouco M, Flores-Moya A, Marvá F, López-Rodas V, Costas E. Adaptation of Microcystis aeruginosa to lethal doses of copper sulphate and glyphosate. Second Spanish conference on cyanotoxins. Autonoma University of Madrid, Spain. July 11-13, 2007.
- Rouco M, Marvá F, Perdigones N. Adaptation of eukaryotic algae to extreme ecosystems -sulphurous, acid and temperate waters- from the big lakes of Vulcano Inland (Italy). VI Conference of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences. University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. April 26, 2007.
- Rouco M, Jimenez-Martínez MA, Peña-Fernández L.. Histological and histochemical evaluation muscular dystrophies in Lynux pardinus. V Conference of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences. University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. April 26, 2006.
- Rouco M, González H. Comparison of the milk quality indexes between a conventional and an ecologic farm. VI Conference of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences. University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. April 27, 2005.
- Rouco M. Effects of the 6-propil 1-2-thiuracil on TSH and T4 levels in female rats. VI Conference of Veterinary Sciences. University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. April 28th, 2004.