- 2013-2014 Science Teaching Fellow of the American Society of Microbiology. Competitive fellowship to take part of the American Society of Microbiology teaching fellow program.
- 2013 C-MORE Summer Course on Microbial Oceanography: from genomes to biomes. Competitively selected course participant.
- Ramón Areces Foundation Postdoctoral fellowship. November 2011-September 2013. Competitive fellowship to conduct postdoctoral studies.
- Spanish Science and Education Ministry graduate fellowship. Competitive fellowship to conduct Ph.D. studies. May 2007-April 2011.
- Spanish Science and Education Ministry Undergraduate research fellowship. Competitive fellowship to conduct undergraduate research during your last year of undergraduate studies. 2005-2006.
- Extraordinary Doctorate Award. University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. 2012.
- Extraordinary Bachelor Degree Award. Veterinary Faculty, University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. Awarded the best academic results in 2006.
- First Spanish National Award to the best academic record in Veterinary Studies 2006. Spanish Science and Education Ministry. 2006.
- Best undergraduate poster presentation. Conference of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences. University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. April 26, 2006.
- C-MORE EDventures Award: Characterizing the microbial diversity within the Trichodesmium consortium”. $4,177.
- C-MORE EDventures Award: Effective Communication & Team-Building Workshop, 2013. Proposal co-authored with C-MORE’s Professional Development Organizing Committee.$9,420.